Welcome to our Aviston bed and breakfast
The Timmermann house bed and breakfast is located outside of the town of Aviston in southwestern Illinois, just 45 minutes from St Louis, MO. The original farm house was built in the mid 1940’s. In 1994 additions doubled the size of the original home. Depending on the time of year you may see the crops harvested from the fields.
You will find a hand painted mural depicting a cabin along a creek and lake in mountainous terrain in the lower level of the home, painted by Sandy’s mother.
Rooms include private baths, with Turkish towels, plush robes, Comphy company sheets and light weight comforters, large closets, flat screen TV and a full homemade gourmet breakfast is served daily.
Breakfast is served in the dining room or outside on the deck weather permitting between 7:30-9:00. Coffee is always ready by 5:30 for the early riser that wants to watch a beautiful sunrise.
Cookies always welcome guests on the island in the kitchen for a welcome snack or dessert after dinner.
Timmermann House also has its own “Farmers Market” Starting in April with asparagus going to strawberries and early to midsummer all types of vegetables and fruits, ending in the fall with pumpkins.
- Breese 5 minutes east is home to Excel Bottling, the makers of Ski, a citrus carbonated beverage. They also have a large variety of soda all made with pure cane sugar since 1936. They have been brewing beer since 2012 which can be purchased at the bottling company and in local stores. You will also want to stop for a Wally Burger “the original fast food burger” while in Breese, a tradition since the early 1950’s.
- Play nine or eighteen holes of golf at Governors Run located in Carlyle or Bent Oak Golf, in Breese.
- Southwestern Illinois College (SWIC) is located in Belleville a short 30 minute drive and McKendree College in located in historic Lebanon just 15 minutes to the west. Scott Air Force base is 20 minutes away.
- Marcoot Jersey Creamery is another treasure, a 7th generation dairy gone agri tourism making award winning cheese, Monday Wednesday and Friday with fresh cheese curds available usually by 1:00 P.M. They also have a wide variety of specialty cheeses, including but not limited to mozzarella, not skim and hand stretched, Havarti and Tomme.
- Carlyle Lake is less than an hour drive from St Louis, MO and just a short 15 minutes from Timmermann House. It is the largest manmade lake in Illinois. The lake is great for fishing, sail boating, water sports and has many camp grounds, beaches, hiking and a bike trail. The lake is host to the annual Illinois high school bass tournament. There is also excellent hunting around the lake.